Please consider this situation.
- A company modifies a GPLed website X and adds a feature to accept plugin.
- Then develops a new feature as API service Y and publishes it separately. Service Y needs to have some information from main apps and can get them by receiving messages -or- fetching from identity database.
- After that writes a plugin on website X to integrate it with service Y (for example by adding a widget and filling it by REST request to service Y).
- Finaly runs website X as a website on own server and serves requests from the globes.
- Does the GPL say they must release program X and plugin sources?
- Does the GPL say they must release service Y sources?
- Program A is a website and user can receive client side JS codes from browser. Does it mean "distribution" in GPL terms?
- What would happen if website X were published under AGPL?