I would like to modify a document under the GNU Free Documentation License. From the wikipedia page I can read:
- All previous authors of the work must be attributed.
- All changes to the work must be logged.
- All derivative works must be licensed under the same license.
- The full text of the license, unmodified invariant sections as defined by the author if any, and any other added warranty disclaimers (such as a general disclaimer alerting readers that the document may not be accurate for example) and copyright notices from previous versions must be maintained.
- Technical measures such as DRM may not be used to control or obstruct distribution or editing of the document.
I don't understand the first point. If I modify the content and change a lot of it. The initial owner would not be happy to be cited as the owner.
How should I attribute
John Doe, the initial owner and
Me the subsequent owner?