I am looking for a license that "forces leaks", so to speak. What I mean by that is:
- A copyright holder must convey a copy of derivatives works they made using the license to anyone who requests it.
- Of course, conveying all derivative works would be crazy, since every time you save a file, you create a "derivative work". Therefore, you only need to convey derivative works that you either used commercially, or conveyed previously (possibly for a reason unrelated to this license), within the last 3 years.
- Anytime the copyright holder hires some to make a derivative work in their name, they must permit and require them to notify anyone who asks for the list of copyright holders they have made derivative works under this license for, as well as a way to send them requests in accordance with (1). NDAs that contradict this are incompatible with this license.
- Anytime the copyright holder transfers copyright of a derivative work, they must also transfer all of the obligations they have under this license. Additionally, when a request in accordance with (1) is made, they are still responsible for conveying the derivative works for which they previously held copyright.
- You must permit previous copyright holders to uphold their obligations in (3).
- Probably some other GPL-type requirements as well as closing loopholes I may have missed.
The idea is that it would be nearly impossible for someone to keep a derivative work a secret if it is covered by this license. The reason is that someone just needs to ask one of the programmers how to contact the copyright holder, who then must send them a copy of their derivative works, which they could then publish. The only way to prevent it from leaking is to (1) hide the existence of your company and to (2) hide the existence of all the programmers who worked on it for as long as you want to use it (plus 3 years), which is obviously impossible. Anyone using this license might as well just publish it on their website or whatever, and tell their programmers to refer people to that website.
My question is, does a license like this exist?