I wondered something :
- I develop a little standalone tool for a commercial application written in C++ with Qt (lets say "test.exe")
- Not having a commercial licence of Qt, I use Qt LGPL license - I cannot legally link statically against QtCore.dll, neither MSVC redist) so I link it dynamically.
- When I want to share this tool with clients, they receive a lot of dll that don't really concern them, making the tool more difficult to run
- Is it legal to create an SFX archive that embeds the exe and dlls, and make it run automatically "test.exe" ? (no real installation)
- Is it legal to name this SFX archive "test.exe" and to modify its properties (manifest) to add my organization, app version and icon ?
The archive executable would look like the true executable, but it would extract the dlls as a first step.