Cite from https://source.android.com/license
The preferred license for AOSP is the Apache Software License, Version 2.0 ("Apache 2.0"), and the majority of the Android software is licensed with Apache 2.0. While the project strives to adhere to the preferred license, there may be exceptions that will be handled on a case-by-case basis. For example, the Linux kernel patches are under the GPLv2 license with system exceptions
Both Apache Software License v2 and GPLv2 license are used for Android platform. However, after installing arm NDK build tool-chain (API version 18) on Ubuntu I found below files in the root directory :
- MODULE_LICENSE_BSD_LIKE (empty file)
- MODULE_LICENSE_MIT (empty file)
- MODULE_LICENSE_GPL (empty file)
- NOTICE (mentioning both Apache Software License v2 and GPLv2 license)
- What are the licenses used in NDK?
- Is different license used for different NDK component?