I am working on a software wich contains graphics i didn't make that are licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.

since the software contains other parts I didn't make, I want to put it under two different licenses. All the stuff I didn't/partly make will be put under the license it was under before, and my stuff will be put under some non-derivative license.

Now I'm worried that copyleft may not allow me to do so. (because media is under CC BY-SA 3.0 and my software is based on it, it must be under CC BY-SA 3.0, too (strong copyleft) (?))

Anyway, this conclusion seems quite senseless to me, because CC BY-SA 3.0 isn't a software license.

Can I put the software under a dual license like mentioned before?

  • The answer depends to a large extent on how your software is related to the graphics it contains. So, how are the software and graphics related to each other? Would the software function differently if you would use other graphics, or would the application just look slightly differently? – Bart van Ingen Schenau Jul 23 '18 at 16:00
  • look different. (that are textures for a game) – KGM Jul 23 '18 at 16:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.