I am creating a software that I want to release under a proprietary license with some flexibility for the customer and I need your help to find a license that fits my requirements since I am not sure all the common and popular licenses would fit like LGPL, CC, MIT, etc.
To explain the context, the software would be sold with a perpetual license for the current version (+ one year of support and fix updates). After that year the customer can continue to use the software freely, but if he wants to get the new features he would then need to buy a new license for another year. This is somewhat close to the JetBrains Intellij IDEA license.
What the license must ALLOW :
- The use of the software or a modified version of it (modifications made by the customer for the customer himself)
- The modification of the software (eg: to allow customer to add its own features)
What the license must DISALLOW :
- The distribution of the software (modified or not)
- The selling of the software (modified or not)
- The selling of a service build on top of the software (modified or not)
This license would reassure the customer about using and improving the software with or without me, as if it was it's own software but only for him.