There is no such thing yet. Why?
Well why did these package repositories such as CRAN, crates, NPM, Pypi, Rubygems, Maven, etc. came to life?
I think this is natural evolution. And a succession of needs and actions. Some are:
- the programming languages started to be used reasonably widely
- several FOSS libraries were released
- the emerging community felt that it was difficult to find and install these good libraries in a consistent way
- Someone who felt this pain more acutely decided to scratch the itch and started creating a package manager, defining conventions and specs for building, installing, publishing, finding, etc. packages.
- it felt good and caught up with the rest of the world. Or not.
I would not know where you would stand for VHDL and Verilog designs, but it could well be that you have reached "level 3" and that you could be the "someone" to start "level 4"?