As stated in the tile, I want to know how should one mark code(functions or pieces of code smaller than 50% of the source file) copied from non copyleft sources (e.g Apache) ?
I do it this way:
- I add a proper Apache notice and copyright at the top of the file
- I document in comments where I took the code from and what I took
- I document in comments any changes I did
- I add a copy of the Apache license to go with the code
- if originally present, I copy and carry with the code any NOTICE-like file that was with the original code