I have created a small project with the primary purpose of demonstrating the use of a Makefile. The file in question may be useful for me in the future, but I don't want to be forced to distribute every version of it. Here are the criteria...
- Anyone (including myself) should be able to use, modify, and redistribute it as their own, for either private or corporate use
- The file should to be usable in any open-source project
- I would like the license to be as simple and possible
- Attribution is not required, since drastic changes may be necessary in order to make it work for a particular platform
- It should probably have a NO WARRANTY clause
Currently, I am thinking of using either Apache v2.0 (the license used by mbed), MIT/X11 License, or licensing it as public domain. If public domain is the answer, please explain how to specify that the project is public domain.