My company is offering an Amazon Echo and and Amazon gift card for employees who develop a Skill. There are some requirements with it.
- It must be completed during personal time (the learning and developing is not billable)
- It must be published using the company's Amazon account
It's a promotion for getting us developers to learn how to work with the Echo and also as a portfolio for picking up Echo related work from clients.
My question is, how should I copyright/license my app and code so that I can
- still use it in my own portfolio
- publish it under my own Amazon account if the company decides to pull the Skill
- or I can publish my own (maybe modified) version at the same time.
There isn't any requirements for the code to be shared with the company (they are offering to let us use their private repo) though I'm not opposed to sharing so long as I can still keep ownership and do all the things listed above.