- There is a GPLv2+ library that I want to use in my front-end SaaS web application
- There are lot's of valuable front-end code in my SaaS web application that I cannot make them all GPL.
My assumption (correct me if it's wrong):
- I can use a Closed Source library in a GPL Application. see here
Here is my solution (looking to see if it's a valid legal solution or not):
- I move all of the valuable parts of the SaaS front-end into closed source libraries
- I make the entire front-end application open source (GPL v2+)
- The front-end application (which is open source by itself) references/uses to the open source library (the one that I wanna use) and closed source libraries.