My website used TailwindCSS, and other OSS.

  1. TailwindCSS (generated the css) (imported via npm install)
  2. typed.js (imported via <script src=""></script> from https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/typed.js/2.0.12/typed.min.js)

Surely, I must include the license and copyright notice The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

Will one page for listing OSS (and the license) used in my website be enough? Like at https://discord.com/licenses .

Do I need to add the (used) library's dependencies too? If yes, is there any tools that can automatically generate the license page?


1 Answer 1


Both Tailwind CSS and TypedJS appear to be licensed under the MIT license. It is good practice to have the license and copyright attribution on one page of your website (usually somewhere close to the 'About' page).

Both CSS and JS code is actually delivered to the browser, so this qualifies as distributing a copy according to the terms of the MIT license. Therefore you are actually required to provide the license and copyright information to the visitors of your site.

And yes, you should also include the information for the direct and transitive dependencies. They will likely also have a permissive license compatible with MIT. If it is just a handful of dependencies it is likely the easiest to do that manually. If it is a large number you might want to use a specialized tool such as FOSSology or the like.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.