There is a GPL3 code repository containing a client + server (Say it's a proxy server and client library). I want to create a paid service which uses them. It is my understanding that:
- If I use the server component, I can still charge money for access to my service without disclosing my other server-side code because I am not distributing the GPLed server as a binary.
- If my proprietary client software depends on the GPL3 licensed client software, I do not have to distribute my source-code as long as:
- My client app executes the GPL licensed client app binary on the system (The two client app's codes not merged)
- Communications between the two apps are done via some IPC (Again, no shared code).
- When user installs my proprietary client, the GPL3 licensed client is downloaded separately by the installer.
Are all these statements correct or did I get something wrong?